Background 10.24.10

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oh How Time Does Fly

So it's certainly been a while since I have written an entry, but life has been chaotic, to say the least.

For starters, I started back to school. Insane, right? I'm getting my bachelor's degree in Radiologic Sciences from Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences. Ben is still pursuing his AA in Medical Laboratory Technology, and graduates December 19 (HOOOOORAY!!!!!). We have a contract in on a beautiful Townhome in Dundalk, that we both fell in love with on first sight. Of course, that can't be easy, and after almost three months we are still waiting to hear something from the seller's bank, since the house is a short sale.

Makenna is almost 8 months old now, and rolling, sitting up independently, talking, laughing, drinking her bottle solo, and generally ascerting her already strong personality, which she's going to need to survive our family! She is the light in her father's eyes, and I choke up just looking at the two of them together sometimes. She has already figured out how to wrap her father around her finger, and although she loves me, she absolutely glows when her father walks into the room. A true Daddy's Girl in the making. I really am starting to believe that one of the most satisfying things in the world is to watch the man you love more than life love all over the children you would give your life for.

And then there's Jacob. My beautiful little boy. My first baby. I'm finding myself a little dazed today, thinking about him. He is a ball of energy, and sometimes I swear I can see the ornery just ooozing out of him. He's rotten to the core (in the way any boy is, I'm sure). He can be the sweetest thing in the world, especially when he looks at me and says, "Hi Mama" when I walk in the door. He's talking so much, it amazes me - and would be talking more than that if we could find his secret stash of "mi-mi's". He has the most amazing smile, and the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. And, God love him, he's a mama's boy. He has this way of trying your patience until you think you're going to snap, and then turning around and doing something so unbearably cute or sweet that you forget how annoyed you were with him. And despite everything, I wouldn't trade this time for the world.

So time flies. I turn around, and my little girl is closing in on a year, my baby boy is two years old, I'm back in school, Ben's almost done school, I'm buying a house, and the beat goes on...

I think maybe I should start blogging more regularly. After all, everyone loves hearing a bit of crazy now and then, as long as it's someone elses crazy, right??

1 comment:

  1. Hey Allie. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. And please know that I don't know how YOU do it working full-time and going to school!! Let's call it even and say we are both amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete