Background 10.24.10

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Early Morning Musings

It's still amazing to me, after two children, how much your sense of time changes. There was a time, not very long ago, when I would have been horrified at the mere thought of being awake and active at 3:30am. Most normal human beings would be, I'm sure. But then there's me, still sitting at my computer at 5:30am, and I've been awake for two hours now. Which makes no sense. Jacob is still asleep, Makenna has had her bottle and diaper change and is back to sleep (sure to be waking up around 7 for her next bottle), and I can hear Ben snoring. WHY AM I AWAKE? I think I'm getting sick, but that should mean I sleep more, right? Instead, I've downloaded all my pictures from the last few days, played multiple games of Three Towers Solitaire, and even sent some long overdue emails to take care of a few odds and ends. I know I'm going to be tired later, but I think maybe, at this point, I would be more tired if I tried to go back to sleep. The kids don't care how much I sleep, all they know is that when they wake up, it's time to go.

Maybe I just enjoy the quiet that I don't get during the day with two under two.....

No comments:

Post a Comment